Business Services & Technology M&A Research – April 2021
By social | April 21, 2021
Business Services & Technology M&A Research
7 Mile Advisors has released its monthly breakdown of M&A and benchmarking activity in the Business Services & Technology sector. Please see below for a listing of available research pieces and contact us if you would like to discuss them.
- Advanced Analytics
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Corporate IT Training & Educational Services
- Digital Transformation
- Enterprise Software
- IT Consulting
- Cybersecurity & Security Services
- Management Consulting
- Software Engineering
- Supply Chain Tech & Software
Our research provides insights into the most recent market trends, M&A activity, valuation metrics, and sector outlook.
Insights and intelligence on recent notable industry transactions
Omega Systems Consultants Partnered with Pfingsten Partners
- Omega Systems Consultants, a Pennsylvania-based managed service provider (“MSP), has partnered with Pfingsten Partners, a Chicago-based, operationally-focused private equity firm. Omega provides managed IT solutions, including cloud-based data hosting, incident management, cybersecurity, help desk support, storage, backup, disaster recovery, hosted infrastructure support, and network health monitoring.
- 7 Mile Advisors acted as the exclusive sellside advisor to Omega throughout the transaction.
- “We recognized how Omega Systems would stand out from the rapidly growing MSP crowd based on their fantastic security automation technology, financial strength, and market position in several attractive client industry verticals,” said 7 Mile Partner Andy Johnston. More details here.
Groundswell Group Acquired by Deloitte Canada
- Groundswell Group, a leading artificial intelligence and data integration firm, has been acquired by Deloitte Canada. Founded in Calgary in 2001, Groundswell is the largest AI and data management firm in Western Canada. Groundswell brings to the table its strong end-to-end capabilities across AI, cloud data transformation, intelligent automation, business intelligence, data visualization, big data, and predictive analytics.
- This deal marks Deloitte’s second acquisition in 2021. Not only does this move secure Deloitte’s position as the number one artificial intelligence consultancy in Canada, but it also enhances Deloitte’s critical digital transformation capabilities – including machine learning, intelligent automation, and cloud data engineering – all of which have accelerated due to COVID-19.
- 7 Mile Advisors acted as the exclusive sellside advisor to Groundswell throughout the transaction. More details here.
Identity Experts acquired by Performanta
- Performanta, a global MSSP with private equity backing by Beech Tree Private Equity, announced the acquisition of Identity Experts. Identity Experts is a Microsoft Gold Security partner and Identity & Access Management (IAM) specialist consultancy based in the UK.
- The acquisition will allow Performanta to extend important security capabilities further across the Microsoft portfolio, including AzureAD, Sentinel, ATP, O365, and IAM.
- “This past year, organizations have had to cope with an unprecedented amount of change in how they do business, as well as security and identity risks associated with working outside an office perimeter; as such, many have turned to Microsoft for all manner of services, including security,” commented Guy Golan, group CEO and co-founder of Performanta. More details here.
Ensono acquired Amido
Source: Google Images
- Ensono, a digital transformation provider with backing by Charlesbank Capital and M/C Partners, has announced its acquisition of Amido. Amido provides cloud-native consultancy, strategy, design, architecture, and engineering capabilities to its enterprise clients and specializes in using cloud-native, data, and intelligent technologies.
- The deal marks a turning point for Ensono, which will bring cloud-native software engineering capabilities in-house.
- “Looking ahead, Amido’s expertise in cloud-native consultancy and intelligent technologies will allow us to be the trusted end-to-end advisors for our clients. Together, with Amido, we can help businesses deliver on their technology vision, building the bridge to take them into the future,” commented Jeff VonDeylen, CEO of Ensono. More details here.
GlideFast Consulting has acquired CloudPires
- GlideFast Consulting, an IT consulting firm, and ServiceNow partner, announced its acquisition of Ohio-based CloudPires. CloudPires is an elite ServiceNow partner employing more than 50 professionals and offering implementation, process consulting, staff augmentation, custom application development, and instance administration services for the ServiceNow platform.
- This acquisition positions GlideFast Consulting as the largest partner in the ecosystem to be 100% dedicated to ServiceNow.
- “We are elated to join forces with CloudPires and work together to become the largest ServiceNow partner exclusively dedicated to ServiceNow. The experienced professionals at CloudPires will fit seamlessly into the GlideFast team in order to support our combined clients,” explained Michael Lombardo, CEO of GlideFast Consulting. More details here.
About 7 Mile Advisors
7 Mile Advisors provides Investment Banking & Advisory Services to the Business Services & Technology industries globally. 7 Mile Advisors advises on M&A and private capital transactions, and provides market assessments and benchmarking. As a close-knit team with a long history together and a laser focus on our target markets, 7 Mile Advisors helps its clients sell companies, raise capital, grow through acquisitions, and evaluate new markets. For more information, including research on the M&A markets, visit www.7mileadvisors.com.
Subscribe to receive newsletters and industry research, as well as details about recent transactions, new podcast episodes, and upcoming events: