Business Services & Technology M&A Research – Nov. 2021
By Carolina D'Alencon | November 22, 2021
Business Services & Technology M&A Research
- Advanced Analytics
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Cybersecurity & Security Services
- Digital Transformation
- Enterprise Software
- IT Consulting
- Management Consulting
- Software Engineering
- Supply Chain Tech & Software
Insights and intelligence on recent notable industry transactions
Gryphon Portfolio Company, 3Cloud, Acquires CCG Analytics
- 3Cloud, a leading Microsoft Azure services firm and Gryphon Investors portfolio company, has acquired CCG Analytics, a Tampa-based data and analytics consulting firm and premier Microsoft partner. CCG Analytics stands out as an innovative consulting firm, with a diverse mid-market customer portfolio, that helps customers treat data as a critical asset across the organization enabling both resiliency and power to scale in today’s digital business economy.
- “Through its acquisition of CCG Analytics, 3Cloud strategically deepens its Azure-centric data and analytics expertise. 7MA has enjoyed a highly active relationship with Gryphon Investors over the past 18 months, and remains excited to support Gryphon and 3Cloud’s impressive M&A expansion strategy,” said Tim Frye, Managing Director at 7 Mile Advisors.
- “With the acquisition of CCG Analytics, we continue our growth trajectory and strengthen our position as the largest Azure pure-play services firm in the U.S.,” said Mike Rocco, 3Cloud CEO and Co-Founder. “We’re excited to welcome CCG’s world-class team into the 3Cloud organization. Their strength in data governance and strategy combined with deep data and analytics expertise furthers our mission of delivering the ultimate Azure experience for our clients and Microsoft.” For more information on this transaction, click here.
Capgemini Continues Acquisition Strategy with Purchase of Empired
- Capgemini has acquired Empired, a global IT services provider delivering enterprise-sized IT services and solutions. Empired offers business solutions such as cloud services, ECM service, data insights, enterprise content management, IoT services, and more, and the acquisition helps bolster Capgemini’s Western Australia and New Zealand presence.
- Kaylene O’Brien, Managing Director for Capgemini Australia and New Zealand said, “It was clear that by bringing together our two organizations we could have more impact as a strategic partner helping our clients innovate and compete in an increasingly digital world. Even more exciting is what this means for all our people – with growth comes scale and more opportunities for our people to learn and get the future they want with us. Given our similar cultures and unwavering commitment to helping our people and clients excel, this is a significant milestone in the evolution of both organisations.”
- This acquisition marks Capgemini’s fourth acquisition in the region over the past 18 months and supports its vision to achieve a leadership position in the Australasian market across digital, data and cloud. For more information on this transaction, click here.
AVATA Acquired by Rockwell Automation, to be Merged with Kalypso
- The world’s largest industrial automation and digital transformation company, Rockwell Automation, acquired AVATA, a market-leading services provider for supply chain management, ERP, and enterprise performance management solutions. AVATA is also a leading consultant and systems integrator for Oracle cloud software applications.
- “The addition of AVATA will strengthen our digital thread capabilities across the value chain,” said George Young, Global Managing Director of Kalypso. “Together through our existing partnership, we are working with manufacturers across a variety of industries to fundamentally change the way we discover, create, make, and sell products.”
- AVATA is in favor of Rockwell’s recent cloud-native investments, building on its open architecture to increase capabilities and enable powerful integrations with other technologies. In August of this year, Rockwell acquired Plex Systems, a leading cloud-native smart manufacturing platform, as well as Fiix Inc., a cloud software company for leading-edge maintenance solutions, in December 2020. For more information on this transaction, click here.
Gemspring Capital Acquires a Majority Stake in AINS Inc.
- Middle-market private equity firm Gemspring Capital revealed that it acquired a majority stake in Mayland-headquartered AINS Inc. (“AINS”), a provider of case management software and IT services intended mainly for government customers.
- The company offers software that enables government and federal agencies to expedite and automate workflows over a multitude of use cases. Additionally AINS’ solutions leverage its eCase low-code platform and span FOIA (Freedom of Information Act), Audits, Investigations, and other applications, all of which are designed to address specific customer and governmental problems.
- Regarding the deal, AINS CEO Moe Goswami commented, “We are excited to partner with Gemspring and believe that its expertise, network of advisors, and capital will help us reach the next stage of growth. We look forward to continuing to grow our product portfolio and customer base through expansion of our go-to-market, implementation, and support organizations.” For more information on this transaction, click here.
Globant Purchases Navint, a North American Lead-to-Revenue Salesforce Partner
- Globant entered into a definitive agreement to purchase Navint, a leading Lead-to-Revenue Salesforce partner that aids organizations in driving profitability and operational efficiency. Combined with the majority stake purchase of Walmeric in July of this year, the Navint announcement enhances Globant’s role as an expert on lead-to-revenue services on a global scale.
- Navint is currently prioritizing augmenting organizations’ internal capabilities, with deep knowledge of business processes, tools and technologies across sales, service, finance and delivery. By incorporating Navint, Globant reacknowledges its commitment to expand its own Salesforce Studio as well as enables profound business transformations leveraging deep expertise within the full suite of Salesforce Revenue Cloud solutions.
- Fernando Matzkin, Globant’s Chief Business Officer of North America, said, “I’m very excited to partner with Jim (Martindale, CEO of Navint), and the entire Navint team, in integrating their deep expertise in lead-to-revenue transformation and in the Salesforce platform to improve and expand Globant’s own enterprise offerings and support our focus of helping our clients reinvent their businesses and operations.” For more information on this transaction, click here.
Quisitive Acquires Microsoft Partner Catapult Systems
- Microsoft premier and payment solutions provider Quisitive acquired Austin-based Catapult Systems, a Microsoft-focused digital solutions and services provider for an undisclosed sum this month. Notably, with the transaction, Catapult will add four completely new employee hubs and will increase Quisitive’s headcount to over 700 employees, including 280 Microsoft Certified Professionals.
- Addressing the acquisition, Quisitive CEO Mike Reinhart had the following to say: “This acquisition represents a turning point in our journey to becoming the Microsoft partner of the future by adding technical depth, expanded services, and complementary IP. Catapult has an impeccable reputation for digital transformation, and their expertise, leadership, and Microsoft partnership are all aligned with our strategic growth targets for Cloud Solutions. Catapult’s integration into our marketing, sales, and delivery organizations is bringing exceptional strength and value to Quisitive and our customers.”
- Quisitive’s acquisition of Catapult Systems will strengthen and broaden the capabilities of Quisitive’s Cloud Solutions business, which includes its managed services offering, security, and compliance practice and digital workplace practices. Additionally, Catapult will help strengthen the focus on the Microsoft platform as well as Quisitive’s Microsoft strategic partnership by adding a reported 10 Microsoft Advanced Specializations. For more information on this transaction, click here.
Credera Acquires Salesforce Partner BrightGen
- Credera, a global, boutique consulting firm focused on technology, digital transformation, data and strategy, purchased Salesforce Summit Partner BrightGen for an undisclosed sum. BrightGen is a U.K-based Salesforce Summit Partner that specializes in the design, delivery and implementation of solutions for companies across the media, financial services, travel and transport and education industries.
- Upon the transaction’s announcement, Rob Stevens and Martin Tyte, co-CEOs and co-founders of BrightGen said, “BrightGen is ready to take the next step in our growth through a partnership with Credera and Omnicom (Credera’s parent company). Together, we have the strategic vision and cultural fit that will expand our capabilities and accelerate our growth.”
- Although financial aspects of the deal were not disclosed, other aspects were. BrightGen’s management team will reportedly continue leading the company and carrying its brand, culture and values forward. Also, the acquisition is believed to enable Credera to expand its global Salesforce capabilities and geographic reach as well as gain expertise in digital transformation, marketing technology and customer experience capabilities. For more information on this transaction, click here.
About 7 Mile Advisors
7MA provides specialized Investment Banking & Advisory Services to the professional service firms in the Consumer Products & Retail industries. We help our clients determine the right strategic partners for their businesses, transition ownership, raise capital, grow through acquisitions, and evaluate new markets. We advise our clients on M&A and private capital transactions, and provide unique market insights. Our team brings experience and energy to all of our engagements, with a focus on helping our clients navigate a changing marketplace.
To learn more about how 7 Mile Advisors can help you evaluate and execute on strategic M&A or private capital alternatives for your business, please visit our website www.7mileadvisors.com.