Business Services & Technology M&A Research – Dec. 2021
By Carolina D'Alencon | December 27, 2021
Business Services & Technology M&A Research
- Advanced Analytics
- Business Process Outsourcing
- Cybersecurity & Security Services
- Digital Transformation
- Enterprise Software
- IT Consulting
- Management Consulting
- Software Engineering
- Supply Chain Tech & Software
Insights and intelligence on recent notable industry transactions
S4 Capital’s Media.Monks Acquires Maverick Digital, a Salesforce Consultancy Firm
- Media.Monks, a digital-first marketing and advertising services company acquired Maverick Digital, a Salesforce consulting and implementation firm. Maverick’s primary services include helping clients optimize their Salesforce Marketing Cloud capabilities, implementing Salesforce’s legacy service and sales clouds, and integrating efforts across all of the different clouds with MuleSoft.
- The acquisition demonstrates Media.Monks current strategy to develop closer relationships with each of the Big Tech platforms and build dedicated practices around them. Media.Monks now has individual practices centered around Google, Salesforce, Amazon, Facebook, Tencent, Alibaba and ByteDance, which it has been expanding via internal as well as inorganic means.
- Regarding the acquisition, Chris Martin, co-founder of the new Media.Monks unit, said, “We’re always looking to organically and inorganically grow our Salesforce capabilities for larger enterprise clients and large mid-market businesses. The fragmentation is only going to continue and we need a strong services base that knows how to implement technology and stitch it all together.” For more information on this transaction, click here.
Digital Consulting Firm West Monroe Acquires Carbon Five
- West Monroe purchased Carbon Five, a national product management, digital design, and software engineering firm. The acquisition highlights West Monroe’s strategy of expanding its end-to-end digital service capabilities in reaction to all-time market demand.
- The announcement comes on the heels of West Monroe’s acquisition of Verys, a 200-person product development firm, in September. Notably, West Monroe’s acquisitions of Verys and Carbon Five finish up the foundation for their new, innovative digital consulting strategy that seeks to blend technology, design, and industry-led business strategy expertise.
- “We are excited to welcome Carbon Five, a like-minded organization with strong talent and integrated product capabilities,” said Tom Bolger, Chief Strategy Officer at West Monroe. “When paired up with Verys’s scale and West Monroe’s core expertise in strategy, industry, and tech, we are able to drive long-lasting value and partnership to our clients.” For more information on this transaction, click here.
Unisys Purchases CompuGain to Expand Cloud and Infrastructure Capabilities
- Global IT solutions company Unisys purchased leading cloud solutions provider CompuGain. The acquisition is believed to deepen Unisys’ cloud offerings due to CompuGain’s unique and leading capabilities in application modernization, cloud-native agile application development, and cloud and hybrid cloud data management.
- Additionally, CompuGain will bring over 400 engineers, cloud solution architects and developers to Unisys’ already vast network of experts around the world. All of these new additions are believed to help Unisys deliver rapid and agile cloud migration, modernize applications, realize data value, and enhance public cloud skillsets.
- Discussing the acquisition, Unisys Chair and CEO Peter Altabef stated, “Acquiring CompuGain will enable Unisys to enhance the delivery of rapid and agile cloud migration, application modernization, and data value realization to our clients. CompuGain has a strong presence in financial services, which will add to our established position in that industry. It will also create cross-selling opportunities with both Unisys clients and CompuGain clients across multiple industries.” For more information on this transaction, click here.
Digital Marketing Shop The Feed Group Acquired by Dept Agency
- Dept Agency made its second 2021 acquisition in the United Kingdom via its acquisition of The Feed Group, aka Feed, a digital marketing shop. Feed’s primary services include offering “hyper-personalized” and scalable digital content by using consumer insights, omnichannel planning, and proprietary creative automation technology.
- Founded in 2005, the company uses “smart processes”, “smart design thinking”, and “smart tech” to deploy hundreds of thousands of different creative executions a month for brands such as eBay, Gumtree, and Ancestry.com. Additionally, Feed holds about 200 employees around the world in places such as London, Manchester, Berlin, Paris, Sydney, Toronto, and San Francisco.
- “As the next step for Feed, we wanted to offer our amazing clients new skills, deeper expertise, and opportunities for innovation. Joining with Dept allows us to do that in a way that’s culturally aligned, authentic, and with a shared set of values that make us feel like we’re already home,” said Matt Lynch, Founder and CEO of Feed, regarding the acquisition. For more information on this transaction, click here.
DynPro Acquires Cloudalyze, a Salesforce Systems Integrator and Solutions Firm
- North American digital transformation firm DynPro completed the acquisition of Cloudalyze Solutions LLC. The acquisition is believed to improve DynPro’s capabilities in delivering end-to-end business and digital transformations. The merged scale and broad services portfolio will position DynPro as a digital, data, and cloud market leader with wide capabilities across the Salesforce tech stack.
- In response to the acquisition’s announcement, Dhruv Gupta, CEO of DynPro, stated “We are in the era of the intelligent and Digital Processes, where Salesforce is a de facto market leader in the SaaS transformation that our enterprise customers are embarking on today. We believe adopting new business models is the key for digital process transformation.”
- Additionally, DynPro Managing Partner Shiv Thiagarajan expressed that “Bringing Cloudalyze as an extension of our team will provide our clients the ability to accelerate transformation, resources to innovate and deploy solutions to turn their processes and data into a competitive, growth-driving differentiator.” For more information on this transaction, click here.
Deloitte Digital Purchases Brand Agency Madras Global
- Deloitte Digital acquired Ad2Pro Global Creative Solutions, aka Madras Global, a global brand commerce agency. The deal is believed to strengthen and bolster Deloitte Digital’s capabilities in content production, marketing automation, extended reality, and media ad production.
- With the acquisition, Deloitte’s clients will have access to Madras Global’s content production expertise and its proprietary technology platform, which offers life cycle management, measurement, and optimization benefits. Additionally, Madras Global’s capabilities have been relaunched as the Deloitte Digital Content Studio where they have also been fully integrated into Deloitte Digital’s advertising and commerce offering.
Sam Roddick, global head of Deloitte Digital, had the following to say regarding the acquisition: “With the acquisition of Madras Global, we’re offering clients a new way to differentiate — through personalized content at scale and experiences that help them to truly stand out from the crowd and generate measurable results.” For more information on this transaction, click here.
About 7 Mile Advisors
7MA provides specialized Investment Banking & Advisory Services to the professional service firms in the Consumer Products & Retail industries. We help our clients determine the right strategic partners for their businesses, transition ownership, raise capital, grow through acquisitions, and evaluate new markets. We advise our clients on M&A and private capital transactions, and provide unique market insights. Our team brings experience and energy to all of our engagements, with a focus on helping our clients navigate a changing marketplace.
To learn more about how 7 Mile Advisors can help you evaluate and execute on strategic M&A or private capital alternatives for your business, please visit our website www.7mileadvisors.com.